Nicholas M. “Nick” Jones
Mr. Jones focuses his practice on business law, financing, estate planning, real estate, and the medical marijuana industry. He regularly counsels entrepreneurs, businesses, and investors on business formation and succession planning, private equity investments, contract negotiation, real estate transactions, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Jones acts as outside general counsel to a number of businesses, helping his clients navigate legal issues and assess risk.
Mr. Jones heads the firm’s Medical Marijuana Industry Practice Group.
In his estate planning practice, Mr. Jones advises individuals, business owners, and their families on will and trust formation, probate and trust administration, and asset protection planning.
Mr. Jones represents lenders and borrowers in loan documentation, workouts, and loan enforcement, including commercial foreclosures and sales transactions under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Mr. Jones is a member of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation and serves as a Justice on the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Supreme Court. He has experience in tribal business transactions, including secured financing transactions with tribes and tribal business entities. He has been published in the American Indian Law Review for his work in the area of federal regulation and incentives for tribes and tribal business entities.
Mr. Jones serves on the board of directors and executive committee for the Small Business Capital Corporation, a private, not-for-profit corporation operating as a qualified and accredited lender in the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program. Mr. Jones also serves on the board of directors for Tulsa Great Raft Race, Inc. He recently served on the board of directors for the Booker T. Washington Foundation for Excellence, supporting academic endeavors for the students, faculty and administration at Booker T. Washington High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Mr. Jones is a member of Tulsa Title and Probate Lawyers, Tulsa Estate Planning Forum (local affiliate of the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils), and the Tulsa Committee on Foreign Relations.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2013-Present
- Appointment to serve as a Justice on the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Supreme Court
Recent Representative Experience:
- Formation of and financing investments for cannabis cultivation, processing, transportation, and dispensary operations
- Representation of medical marijuana businesses with licensure and issues with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
- Preparation of licensing and manufacturing agreements for medical marijuana brands and production of medical marijuana products
- Documentation and negotiation of $150 million credit facility with national lenders
- Representation of private equity buyer in $14 million recapitalization of aviation company providing aircraft overhaul and repair services and distribution of aircraft engines and parts
- Negotiated and structured real estate purchases and sales of office buildings, private residences, ranch properties, and undeveloped land
- Structured comprehensive estate and succession planning for families and family-owned enterprises, including plans involving assets in excess of $100 million
- Representation of small business owners and start-up entrepreneurs in business formation, succession planning, preparation of contracts and business forms, and the day-to-day legal issues that arise in operating a business
- Negotiated workout of $35 million credit facilities involving aviation maintenance, repair, and overhaul businesses with assets and real estate located in multiple locations in Oklahoma and overseas
- Representation of business owners in negotiating and documenting sales of equity, asset sales, and recapitalizations
- Negotiated and documented $100 million credit facility secured by real estate located across five (5) state region
- Representation of buyer in acquiring pipeline systems across multiple states
- Formation of private equity funds, management structures, and acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies
- Representation of publically traded companies with secured financing, real estate, and litigation in Oklahoma
- Tulsa Estate Planning Forum (local affiliate of the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils)
- Tulsa Title & Probate Lawyers Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Business and Corporate Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Financial institutions and Commercial Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Indian Law Section
- American Bar Association – Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
- American Bar Association – Section of Taxation
University of Oklahoma, J.D., 2009, University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2006
Oklahoma State and Federal Courts